Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS801881
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
As a cleaner you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties. During vacation times, you will also undertake the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable, and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
The Cleaner supports the Department of Education’s main objective of teaching and learning of students by ensuring that the college facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures.
Cannington Community College is located 12 km from the Perth CBD and is close to the City of Canning's commercial precinct and major bus and train routes. Most of the students are drawn from the local area; however, the trend for student enrolments outside the area is increasing. The ethnic diversity of Cannington has increased in recent years and this contributes to the richness of the educational experience at the College. Urban redevelopment is bringing many new families into the area.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Cannington Community College please visit canningtoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Please contact Beverley Cuthbert, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9351 2400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Beverley Cuthbert at email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 27 January 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.