Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS799068
Suitable applicants from the advertised process IPS/SS749831 do not need to re-apply
‘Only our Best’
South Hedland Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistant for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
About the Role
As a Mainstream Education Assistant, suitable applicants will assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of young minds. In this role you will collaborate and work in a team environment. Suitable applicants will ideally possess good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as the ability to support the general health and well-being of students. You will ideally be organised and be able to use your initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment.
Suitable applicants will work under teacher direction in a diverse role. As an Education Assistant you would also provide support to ensure the learning environment is inclusive and relevant with the health and safety of students being a high priority. Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to manage student behaviour in accordance with school policies and programs.
About our School
South Hedland PS is a small school located in the Pilbara, Western Australia. Our student populations consists of approximately 250 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school is regarded by the community as promoting a supportive learning environment and where all staff demonstrate concern and care for children. There is a strong emphasis on pastoral care in our school and we foster strong relationships with our parents and the community to support student learning. Many students come from families where English is a second language and our population includes families from diverse backgrounds.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Hedland Primary School can be found by visiting www.southhedlandps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Janice Bentley, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Hedland, by telephoning (08) 9172 1977 or emailing Janice.Bentley@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Janice Bentley, Manager Corporate Service on 0400 105 735
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 8 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.