Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS801323
Shenton College is seeking six (6) energetic and motivated Cleaners to join their team.
We currently have the following positions available:
- 6x – permanent part-time (0.38FTE) positions
All positions will commence Term 1,2023
Under the Assistant Cleaner in Charge, suitable applicants will ideally be conscientious workers, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. You should have pride in your work and assist the team as they strive to keep the school environment clean and safe in accordance with Department procedures. Previous experience will be an advantage but not absolutely necessary.
Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and cleaning equipment including operating and safety instructions would be highly advantageous. The ability to interpret Material Safety Data Sheets would also be desirable. Applicants will ideally have the ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners, etc. Suitable applicants should be able to communicate effectively, as well as be able to work as a member of a team.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of a Head of Middle School (Years 7 to 8), Head of Lower Senior School (Years 9 to 10) and Head of Senior School (Years 11 to 12). The College currently has 2800 students and over 300 staff. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the ‘whole child’ and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors to an increasingly interdependent world. Our success is built on solid foundations and on the skills of an outstanding staff.
Shenton College has a proud culture of excellence. The selective gifted and talented program requires staff to appreciate and be responsive to the needs of gifted students. With a ‘can do’ capacity to problem solve, our staff pride themselves in delivering outstanding services to our students, parents and community.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Shenton College please visit shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Susan McIntosh, Assistant Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 0416 776 740 or email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 January 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.