Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS798343
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Please note that as of todays date 24 January 2023 that the closing date below has been amended
Ballajura Community College is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Home Economics Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant should contribute to the development of a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on providing quality teacher support. The role of the Home Economics Assistant will include: assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes; undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed; and assisting the teacher with the care and supervision of students.
You will also prepare displays and demonstrations as well as assist with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. Assisting with the management of resources by maintaining and updating the inventory list and monitoring stock levels is also part of the role. Computer literacy and experience in on-line ordering would be highly desirable.
As a Home Economics Assistant, the successful applicant will ideally have a proactive, positive approach to the role and will be able to work well autonomously as well as be a supportive team member. You should be able to prioritise tasks well, show initiative and be highly organised and efficient.
Ballajura Community College provides a high quality educational experience for all students and has remained committed to providing a range of flexible programs catering for all student interests, needs and abilities.
Our College's flexibility in curriculum provision, our vibrant engaging environment, and our focus on learning and teaching, provides our students with the opportunity to achieve excellent educational outcomes and the skills to move into further education and training or directly into the workplace.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ballajura Community College can be found by visiting bcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Rebecca Treloar-Cook, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9262 7777 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 January 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.