Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE800074
This is a fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP up until December, 2025 with possible extension
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Statewide Services division is seeking a Principal Project Officer – Preschool Reform Agreement to join the team to help with implementation of the Preschool Reform Agreement.
The Preschool Reform Agreement confirms Commonwealth funding for preschool in Western Australia from 2022 to 2025, and will mean that every child in WA has the opportunity to attend at least 15 hours of preschool a week in the year before they start school.
This funding is linked to new reforms, including improving preschool participation and developing an outcomes measure, and will benefit all children, regardless of the type of preschool they attend. The agreement will also place the focus on improving preschool participation rates for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
We know access to high-quality early childhood education and care is critical to improving educational outcomes. Apply now to be part of this exciting project.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
In this role you will:
- Research, develop, implement and monitor Preschool Reform Agreement initiatives, projects, strategies and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to implement and consolidate State reforms under the Preschool Reform Agreement.
- Support public schools with their implementation of reforms under the Preschool Reform Agreement and the associated reporting requirements.
- Work collaboratively to develop and deliver early childhood professional learning to implement Preschool Reform Agreement reforms.
- Prepare reports, briefings and correspondence.
- Represent the Department on advisory groups and committees as required.
- Work within teams and across business units to ensure integrated service delivery.
- Provide professional advice to senior officers within the division and the department relating to Department initiatives.
- Work in a culturally responsive and context specific manner to productively and respectfully engage stakeholders.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high level project management skills with the ability to manage and respond effectively to business priorities and work collaboratively to manage a range of complex projects.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and research skills with the ability to develop projects, initiatives, strategies and guidelines.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate, negotiate and consult effectively at all levels within the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrated highly developed skills and experience in planning and implementing professional learning.
- Demonstrated high-level written communication skills in developing reports, briefings and correspondence.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Danielle James, Manager - Preschool Reform Agreement by telephoning 0499 877 059 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- hold or obtain a current valid ‘C’ class Western Australian driver’s licence
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 February 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.