Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS793823
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Cecil Andrews College is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer (AIEO) to join their friendly team.
As an AIEO you will assist teachers in delivering planned education programs and encouraging a supportive and inclusive learning environment. Suitable applicants will assist students to access the educational program and have an increased understanding of the multicultural nature of the learning environment.
You will act as liaison between the community and school to develop an educational program relevant to both educational and cultural needs, and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, particularly those at risk, through mentoring and pastoral care to encourage participation and achievement at school. Suitable applicants should be culturally responsive and assist school staff in the implementation of the Aboriginal Cultural Standards Framework.
Cecil Andrews College provides exemplary education to children from Year 7 to Year 12. Located in Seville Grove, we do not have a prescribed local intake area so we welcome children from across the State to apply to enrol.
Special programs in Science, Technology, Mathematics and Engineering (STEM), Australian Rules Football, and the Performing Arts provide talented children unique pathways for success.
Our academic extension program is also setting new standards for the area and specially trained teachers are creating challenging learning opportunities so each child can meet their potential and become successful in their field of endeavour.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with students, teachers, parents, community members and professional staff on the provision and development of educational programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact on a range of levels in a variety of settings and with different audiences, including community members, teaching and other professionals.
- Ability to contribute to a school-level team and to provide multi-cultural direction in the development of the educational program, development of language resources, and evaluation of education and behaviour management programs.
- Ability to effectively assist teachers in implementing educational and behaviour management programs.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cecil Andrews College can be found by visiting cecilandrewscollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Debbie Foster, PA to Principal, by telephoning (08) 9234 3400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Amy Palmieri on 0413 215 342.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Aboriginality is considered essential for this position under section 50(d) of the Western Australian Equal Opportunity Act.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 January 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.