Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS792621
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
We are a dynamic, innovative and inclusive community that inspires lifelong learning and achievement for all.
Tambrey Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a self-motivated, proficient, and enthusiastic School Officer to join their dynamic team, commencing mid-term 1, 2023. This is a permanent 0.8 FTE position with the possibility to increase to full-time for the 2023 school year fixed term and the possibility of becoming full-time permanent in 2024 depending on school needs.
Tambrey PS is a safe, supportive and vibrant school environment that empowers our students to realise their full potential as happy, independent and responsible members of society. We are a strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) school, and we have a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) culture with staff trained in Classroom Management Strategies (CMS) and Trauma and Restorative Practices. Our team is stable, collaborative, nurturing and highly valued.
Tambrey PS is committed to the ethos of ‘Nurture, Inspire and Achieve’. Our school has a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and evidence-based practice. We share high expectations of ourselves and our students. Our school is community orientated and is well supported by our School Board and Parents and Citizens' Association (P&C.) We actively support and participate in the Karratha School Network. We maintain strong partnerships with parent groups, industry, local business, government agencies, not-for-profit organisations and Aboriginal Corporations, working together to ensure a quality education for all students.
As a School Officer, you will support the Manager Corporate Services with administering the financial resources of the school including financial processes, management of school assets, induction and support of all school staff. You will maintain school-based databases, create and prepare school materials for publication at a high standard, undertake student-related activities, enrolment of new students and other general administrative duties. Ideally, you will also be assisting with electronic communications internally and externally and public relations including updating and maintaining the school’s website and social media, school publications, sending parent communication via social media and other forums, and publishing news items and photographs to celebrate and promote our school.
The successful applicant should always display professional integrity and be committed to displaying a high level of professionalism. As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing important administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and student enrolments. The successful applicant will have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school, with our students, parents and the wider community.
Tambrey PS is an Independent Public School, centrally located in the City of Karratha, 1600 km north-west of Perth. Our school is part of the Pilbara Education Region and has recently celebrated its 33rd Anniversary. The Pilbara has diverse cultural and environmental experiences from Exmouth to Broome to Tom Price. Karratha offers a number of modern facilities, particularly the Red Earth Arts Precinct along with a range of recreational and sporting pursuits.
Click on this link to see our amazing Pilbara region!
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tambrey Primary School can be found by visiting tambreyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Danya Breman, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karratha, by telephoning (08) 9186 7400 or emailing Danya.Breman@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Danya Breman via email at Danya.Breman@education.wa.edu.au or on 0499 816 655.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 February 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.