Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS798403
Shenton College is seeking to establish a pool of highly motivated School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, part time and full time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
Suitable applicants will have the opportunity to work in one of the College’s administration areas, delivering outstanding service to our College community. Suitable applicants will ideally be adaptable and able to take on new challenges and learn new skills. Additionally, they will ideally need to be professional, reliable, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines in a busy environment. They should possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, have a customer service focus with well-developed interpersonal skills and be able to use their initiative. In addition, they should work well within a team environment providing support to the administration team, school community and teaching staff.
The key responsibilities of the roles include undertaking a wide range of support services to a high standard, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information via the telephone, email and in person from parents and students, and providing administrative support to teaching and administration staff. Previous experience using Compass and Schools Information Systems (SIS) would be highly desirable.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of Middle School (Years 7 & 8), Lower Senior School (Years 9 & 10) and Upper Senior School (Years 11 & 12). The College currently has approximately 2900 students and 300 staff. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the 'whole child' and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors in an increasingly independent world. Our success is built on solid foundations and on the skills of an outstanding staff.
Shenton College has a proud culture of excellence and success. With a 'can do' capacity to problem solve, our staff pride themselves in delivering outstanding services to our students, parents and community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Phillip Borger, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 0422 973 853 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.