Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS793389
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Rockingham Senior High School Education Support Centre (SHS ESC) are seeking to appoint a dedicated and committed Workplace Transition Officer to join our team.
The successful applicant should be someone who is competent in their use of technology, has strong communication skills, a drive to excel, effective interpersonal skills and a strong capacity to learn. This is a new position within the school as a result of increased demand in ‘Building Independent Futures’ for students with a disability in their transition from middle school to senior school, and life beyond school.
The Workplace Transition Officer will work collaboratively with members of the Senior School, Executive Leadership Team and Student Services Team in assisting the development and expansion of the workplace learning program, planning for and implementing opportunities to build on students’ strengths and interests towards their individual pathways. As our Workplace Transition Officer, you will be responsible for building strong connections with students, parents, and employers to establish a range of work experience opportunities and outcomes for students in years 10 to 12 through individualised pathways and opportunities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the program database records using the Reporting to Parents (RTP) platform, preparing correspondence, documentation and presentations including recording students’ progress and attendance, whilst liaising with local businesses, industry stakeholders, staff, students, and families to forge productive relationships that lead to successful opportunities for our students. Other responsibilities in this role may include liaising with outside agencies to achieve positive outcomes for students.
The successful applicant should possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with others in a team environment. In addition, you will support selection, training, and induction of students for the workplace, induction of workplace support staff, attend network meetings and assist teachers delivering career education. Prior knowledge and experience in assisting with Vocational Education Training (VET) and RTP is desirable.
Rockingham SHS ESC is an Independent Public School for students in years 7 to 12 with special educational needs and is co-located with Rockingham Senior High School. The Rockingham SHS ESC community is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of young people with complex and challenging behaviours. We believe that all our students can learn and be successful at school and in the wider community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Skills in developing, implementing and evaluating Workplace Learning programs.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, employers and parents.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Senior High School Education Support Centre can be found by visiting rockinghamshsesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Lesley Bell, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity by telephoning (08) 9523 7600 or emailing Lesley.Bell1@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Lesley Bell, by emailing Lesley.Bell1@education.wa.edu.au and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.