Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE799274
This is a permanent vacancy commencing January 2023
Please note that an amendment to the closing date of this advertisement has been made as of 2:35pm (WST) Wednesday, 18 January 2023
The Role and our Branch
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced online learning systems project officer to join our Capability Support branch in Service Design and Support.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a customer focused approach and expertise in the administration of an enterprise learning management system to support the delivery of online learning systems, projects or strategies.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Service Design and Support Directorate sits within the Statewide Services division which provides the services and supports required by schools to enable student achievement, with a focus on those students and schools that need it most. It encompasses both school and system-facing service delivery.
The Service Design and Support directorate is responsible for strategy, policy, program and operational support to Statewide Services, providing shared functions and supports that enable the professional capability and service delivery teams to improve services for schools.
The Capability Support branch leads and manages the implementation and coordination of online learning systems and tools for use in schools and for staff professional learning across the organisation. The branch oversees and manages processes for the production and publication of classroom and professional learning resources. We support the development and delivery of identified system professional learning and resource development priorities and provide expert advice to support the delivery of Statewide Services systems.
As a Learning Systems Project Officer you will provide specialist advice and support in relation to the design, development, monitoring, evaluation and distribution of online professional learning resources and the implementation and management of learning systems. You will provide instructional design advice and undertake quality assurance assessments to inform the production of quality learning materials and resources suitable for online learning. Working in a customer focused team you will contribute to projects regarding online learning or digital strategies to support teaching and learning.
The successful applicant will have strong skills in system analysis, design and reporting to guide service improvements and experience in an educational resource creation, development and management environment.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current initiatives, policies and issues in relation to online tools and systems for professional learning.
- Demonstrated well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders with a proven ability to work in a customer focused team.
- Demonstrated well developed information system analysis, design and reporting skills and substantial experience in an educational resource creation, development and management environment.
- Demonstrated well developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify issues and generate strategies to deliver key project outcomes.
- Demonstrated well developed organisational and project management skills, including the ability to deliver products, services and projects within agreed timeframes.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Julie Bassett, Manager - Capability Building by telephoning (08) 9264 5107 or emailing Julie.Bassett2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 January 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position