Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS795672
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Champion Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a hardworking Gardener – Handyperson to join their team
Working for the Department of Education can attract the following benefits:
- District Allowance plus other miscellaneous allowances where applicable
For additional information please see relevant Agreement
To be successful in this role you will ideally have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy maintaining the grounds, gardens and facilities for the benefit of our staff, students and school community.
The Assistant Gardener - Handyperson will assist in the gardening, grounds and facility management support to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will assist in maintaining and presenting the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and providing a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Assistant Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will ideally have good communication skills to help develop and maintain strong working relationships with school staff and external stakeholders. Knowledge of safe work practices would also be highly desirable.
At Champion Bay SHS, staff and students work together to demonstrate our agreed values of 'Respect, Aspire and Resilience'. We provide a supportive and caring environment that emphasises the importance of respectful relationships and commitment to academic success across all programs in our school.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Champion Bay Senior High School please visit www.championbayshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Kylie Parkinson, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9965 8300 or emailing Kylie.Parkinson@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Kylie Parkinson on 0419 950 768.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Induction program within three months of commencement.
- Introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas.
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4: 30pm (WST) on Monday, 13 February 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.