Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS788482
Can you make our school sparkle?
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally be friendly, welcoming, and able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should have good attention to detail, be organised and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
As a Cleaner at our school, you will play a vital function in creating and maintaining a clean, safe, and hygienic area for our staff, students, and the community to enjoy. Suitable applicants should be able to work under minimal supervision and always exhibit professional conduct. You should have pride in your work and assist to keep the school environment clean and safe in accordance with Department procedures.
Yarralinka Primary School is located in the growing community of Southern River and currently caters for Kindergarten to Year 2; with expansion to Year 6 to occur in 2023. All students have the potential to achieve big things, which is why we place a strong focus on developing all aspects of a child - social, emotional, physical and academic. We work on the understanding that this can only be achieved through collaboration and authentic community partnerships. Everyone at our school, from the principal to the cleaning team, takes on the responsibility of building relationships with students and families in a respectful and culturally responsive manner.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Yarralinka Primary School please visit www.yarralinkaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Shiralee Harvey, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9391 4340 or emailing Shiralee.Harvey@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Shiralee Harvey on 0435 854 449 or Shiralee.Harvey@education.wa.edu.au and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- Email your completed application form and documents to Shiralee.Harvey@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 February 2023.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.