Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS779832
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
WA College of Agriculture - Denmark (the College) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Workplace Learning (WPL) Support Officer to become a member of their highly functional and supportive Corporate Services team.
A job share arrangement may be considered for this role by negotiation
The successful applicant will provide student-focused support to ensure the efficient operation of the WPL/VET office including administering spreadsheets, databases and student records.
The role will require extensive use of the Reporting to Parents (RTP) and Compass School Management systems and as such, prior knowledge and use of these systems will be highly regarded.
In 2023, the College will launch a purpose-built Learning Management System that will transform the way the training program is delivered to students, supporting the College’s mission and values.
The successful applicant will create and prepare College materials for publication and will undertake routine analysis and reporting of vocational and competency-based results.
The successful applicant will provide limited career information and advice through assisting with the placement of WPL students in industry. This also involves the coordination of documentation relating to the placement of these students during blocks of work experience.
WA College of Agriculture - Denmark is a 560-hectare working farm and educational facility catering for Year 10 to 12 students offering a wide variety of studies and industry training with an agricultural focus. We attract students from all over the state from a wide variety of backgrounds and have a capacity of around 150 students.
While the majority of our students board in the College's 95-bed residential facility, there are a number of day students, and a bus service is provided to and from Albany. Our prime location is both a strength and motivation for us to continue to deliver outstanding outcomes for our students and develop strong partnerships with the community, to ensure our long-term future.
One of five WA Colleges of Agriculture, Denmark consistently achieves outstanding educational and training outcomes for young men and women in a diverse range of agricultural and related fields. We deliver Western Australian Curriculum courses to Year 10 students and Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) courses to Year 11 and 12 students. As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), we deliver Certificate I-III level qualifications in a wide range of industry areas including Agriculture, Automotive, Conservation and Land Management, Engineering, Equine, Forestry and Horticulture.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College of Agriculture - Denmark can be found by visiting www.denmarkag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Craig Armstrong, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning (08) 9848 0200 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing Work Related Requirements (selection criteria) 1, 3 and 4 only, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 December 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.