Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS788615
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Join a dedicated and dynamic team and help make a difference to the community!
Churchlands Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable school officer to join their friendly team.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The successful applicants will have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
You will ideally model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will support the Manager Corporate Services with the printing, receipting and monitoring of Contributions and Charges, and operate a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing. Knowledge of the Student Information System (MAZE) and Qkr! would be desirable.
Churchlands SHS provides an ordered, safe and supportive environment characterised by respectful relationships among students and staff. The Churchlands community supports the tradition of wearing our school uniform with pride, reflecting a shared commitment to excellence in all aspects of school life. The school’s values focus on personal, social and environmental responsibility. Our dedicated teaching staff and highly motivated students uphold the academic traditions represented by the achievements of former students, including Rhodes Scholars and Beazley Medal winners in each of the past four decades.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Churchlands Senior High School can be found by visiting churchlands.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Arlene Thomas, Principal by telephoning 0439 526 889 or emailing Arlene.Thomas@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.