Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS780925
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable Assistant Cleaner in Charge to assist with the daily cleaning operations of the school.
The successful applicant should be a conscientious worker able to assist the Cleaner in Charge with ensuring all facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures.
The Assistant Cleaner in Charge assists with all daily operations, including the coordination of cleaning staff tasks, inductions and on the job training for new staff and assisting with the opening and closing of the school. They will undertake the cleaning of internal and external areas of the school and will ideally have current knowledge of cleaning equipment, processes and techniques and extensive knowledge of the duties of cleaning a large school including vacation cleaning routines.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to engage with staff from diverse backgrounds. Understanding of safety standards and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) is highly desirable.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School catering for children from Years 7 to 12. Our moral purpose is to work together to provide effective learning experiences where we all grow and students are prepared for a successful life beyond school.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of and ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Middleton Cleaner in Charger, by telephoning (08) 9526 7700 or emailing Lisa.Middleton@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 December 2022.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.