Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS788312
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Dayton Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an organised and dedicated Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly Hygiene Services Team.
The Cleaner in Charge is responsible for the management of cleaning staff including relief personnel, as well as purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources, maintenance of cleaning equipment and undertaking the cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. As a member of our maintenance team, you should take pride in being able to keep our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy. The Cleaner in Charge will form an integral part of our friendly foundation team.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team and lock the school at the end of the day, including setting the security alarm system. The successful applicant will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book. Using your good interpersonal and communication skills you will lead a growing team of Cleaners as our foundation school develops each year.
In this role you should have good attention to detail and be able to work well both individually and as part of an effective, engaged team. You should contribute to creating a positive, inclusive and safe learning environment for all students. The successful applicant shouble be able to display care, be invested in teh school and the community, have a sense of humour and be reflective of themselves and their practice. You should be organised, honest, reliable, punctual and have knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices. Opportunity to further learn the Department's cleaning requirements may also be provided.
It is highly desirable that staff Dayton PS are passionate about building a ‘school of excellence’ and will endeavour to create opportunities for every child to be successful by providing a foundation that opens the doors to a brighter future, Ensure that student success, engagement and well-being sit at the heart of everything they do, prioritise developing positive relationships to ensure a genuine sense of belonging and trust, uphold high expectations for both themselves and the students, value personal excellence, respect diversity, and promote an inclusive and culturally responsive learning environment, be committed to working as part of a dynamic and collaborative team, and welcome ongoing professional learning to ensure the success of all through a focus on life-long learning.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Cathlin Ryan, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity by telephoning 0437 906 050 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Relat ed Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4: 30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 6 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.