Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA785675
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023.
Southern River College is seeking to appoint a dedicated and highly motivated Head of Learning Area (HOLA) – Mathematics.
In collaboration with the school leadership team, the HOLA - Mathematics will be an instructional leader providing educational leadership, building staff capacity with teaching and learning and be committed to improving outcomes for all students.
The successful applicant will ideally possess highly effective interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills and have the ability to work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of teachers to support best practice. You will ideally have the ability to teach to an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) level and across all years 7 to 12 and lead with the following skills:
- a deep knowledge of the Year 7 to 12 Mathematics curriculum
- outstanding application of assessment and reporting practices, which include a high level of data analysis skills to monitor the progress of students and classes
- experience in planning and delivering programs for a range of student’s capabilities.
- actively supporting the school commitment to Explicit Instruction (EI), will be central to the position and the ability to differentiate curriculum delivery.
- understanding of Visible Learning principles.
As the successful applicant, you should be highly motivated; student and relationship focused. You will ideally utilise innovative initiatives and be able to work effectively and develop your dynamic team. This will involve you reflecting and assessing the effectiveness of teaching practice and cultivating a safe learning environment. You should utilise evidence based teaching practices whilst employing a range of assessment and reporting methods. With effective interpersonal skills, you will work closely with students, teachers and the community to instil rigour, resilience and pride, allowing students to achieve to their full potential.
Our RIVER WAY informs our vision and ethos. We use RESEARCH and data to inform our practice so we can learn and grow together. High IMPACT teaching strategies support our focus on excellence in teaching and learning. VISIBLE LEARNING enhances our capacity to understand our effectiveness and our progress. We ENGAGE our community to create real opportunities for our students. The RIVER ROAD Centre supports students using the Berry Street Model. The WELLBEING Centre uses a growth mindset to support all our students. Our WHY informs our practice, our actions and the purpose of our vision as we seek to inspire, every student, every day in everything we do. If you think you are ready lead a dynamic team and be part of school community that makes a difference, then we would love to see you apply for this outstanding opportunity to lead within our college.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Southern River College can be found by visiting southernrivercollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Frank Di Filippo, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9391 6500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED