Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS725924
Morawa District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments for permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally display professional integrity at all times and be committed to displaying a high level of professionalism at all times.
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community. Suitable applicants will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools marketing, financial, physical, and human resources whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material.
The role of School Officer also involves undertaking student-related activities, including providing information, advice and collecting documentation for enrolment of new students. As the School Officer, you will administer the operation of school databases, records and management information systems. Suitable applicants should possess strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment
Suitable applicants should be proficient in using computers and a range of application packages, with a knowledge of Word, Excel, Integris, Assets, RM Billing and RM Finance. You will be required to produce a range of documents as well as creating and preparing school materials for publication. You will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial resources of the school including receipting of monies, invoice processing, banking, assisting with end of month procedures and ensuring data integrity.
Set in the beautiful Midwest, 370km from Perth, Morawa District High School was established in 1922 and has proudly been an Independent Public School since 2013, providing a strong, sustainable education to approximately 200 students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
Morawa DHS has a strong focus on Positive Behaviour Supports (PBS) catering for students’ wellbeing and shares a commitment with parents and the community to provide a safe, stimulating and differentiated learning environment, encouraging all students to be fully engaged and motivated to excel.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Morawa District High School can be found by visiting morawadistricthighschool.com or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Linda Jenkins or Jayme Tapscott, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Morawa, by telephoning (08) 9971 2500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 6 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.