Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS786231
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Are you looking for a fun, vibrant and supportive work environment?
Corrigin District High School (DHS) is seeking a professional to be part of our team as our School Officer.
Please note that a job share arrangement may be considered for this position.
At Corrigin DHS we hold high standards of our staff and students. We have a beautiful learning environment that instils a sense of ownership from our staff and students. We pride ourselves on our ‘country’ values and enjoy making a difference to the lives of the students at Corrigin DHS. You will need to be interested in nurturing the whole child and have a strong dedication to supporting staff, students and the broader community.
The successful applicant will be responsible for completing administrative duties which require skills using word processing, data software packages and online ordering platforms. The School Officer enters student enrolment data, maintains student attendance records and absentee reports. They play a key role in communicating on behalf of the Manager Corporate Services and school via online notices, newsletters and require strong interpersonal skills to support staff, students and families
The School Officer will be required to engage and build productive and positive working relationships with students and colleagues.
Corrigin DHS is situated in the southern Wheatbelt approx. 240 km from Perth. We have a strong focus on developing literacy and numeracy skills. Our school motto is ‘Work, Learn, Succeed Together’ whereby we encourage success for all students all students
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy.Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Corrigin District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Shannon Hardingham, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Corrigin, by telephoning (08) 9063 4400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 December 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.