Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS788094
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Gwynne Park Primary School (PS) is seeking a vibrant and efficient Library Officer to add to our team. This Officer will work in partnership with staff to create a welcoming and engaging environment for students using creative approaches that responds to the interests of the staff and students.
Skills in personal organisation and communication and the ability to work independently and efficiently are highly regarded. A sound understanding of library systems and processes (including Oliver v.5) is desirable. The Officer will monitor the library budget and stocktake, recommend and purchase new library resources, and communicate regularly with staff and students to maintain an engaging and refreshed space that the school community appreciates and utilises.
Gwynne Park PS shares the site with the Gwynne Park Education Support Centre (ESC) and is situated approximately 30 kilometres south of Perth in the City of Armadale. The PS has 480 students and the ESC has a further 70 students, in classes from Kindergarten to Year 6. There are 23 classrooms and an additional 6 demountables. Dedicated science, music and art rooms together with a large well maintained grassed oval, basketball courts and plentiful play equipment provide an inclusive, stimulating learning environment for all our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gwynne Park Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact June Johnson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9391 4000 or emailing June.Johnson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 30 November 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.