Advertised Vacancy Number: Pool Ref IPS/SS773998
Bridgetown Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaner's In Charge for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
We currently have 2 x permanent full-time positions available for immediate commencement.
The Cleaner In Charge is responsible for opening/closing the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. They will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, general cleaning, and other such duties as required. Additionally, they will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which will include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
Suitable applicants will ideally have experience in supervising staff, as they will work alongside school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. In addition, the Cleaner In Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, and record and respond to issues and concerns. They will maintain the cleaner’s time book, arrange relief staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies and stocktake of cleaning resources.
'Quality Education for All' is the moral purpose of Bridgetown PS and its community. Through this moral purpose we encourage all students to demonstrate our four expectations: Aim High, Be Your Best, Persevere and be Respectful.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit Schools Online for more information about Bridgetown Primary School.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Anne Flynn, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bridgetown by telephoning (08) 9761 0150 or emailing Anne.Flynn@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Anne Flynn on 0418 919 076 or Anne.Flynn@education.wa.edu.au and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents; or
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 170 Roe Street, Bridgetown 6255 before the closing date and time.
The application form for emailed and hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30pm (WST) on Monday, 31 October 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.