Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS773164
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Mukinbudin District High School (DHS) is seeking a motivated and passionate Supervisor of School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) Students for Years 11 and 12 to join their team.
As a SIDE Supervisor you will liaise with SIDE to undertake student administration activities, including processing enrolments, withdrawals and subject selection. You will also supervise students undertaking secondary education studies through SIDE and link students to their respective SIDE teacher via telephone and email, provide support to SIDE teachers by reporting on progress of student work and monitor and report attendance and behavioural issues of students.
As the SIDE Supervisor you will liaise with the school administration team to ensure students are included into the examination timetable, coordinate travel arrangements for SIDE teacher site visits and liaise with school staff in facilitating and supporting student participation in whole-school activities.
You will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos and priorities across the school community. You should build positive relationships with students, their parents/carers, community, and the local businesses in and around Mukinbudin. You will also be passionate about creating positive educational futures for students, especially through working relationships with local businesses to provide work placement opportunities and through formal discussions with both the student and their parents/carers to meet the educational requirements for the student to complete Year 12. We are looking for someone who is performance driven and uses evidence based decision-making skills.
Mukinbudin DHS is an Independent Public School with excellence at the core of everything we do. Providing education since 1923, we work with parents and community to ensure a supportive learning environment for all our students. We are committed to giving them opportunities to achieve their personal best and develop into independent learners, positive individuals and responsible citizens. Our school prepares our students for a technology rich world and encourages them to develop the skills to create the world they want to live in. We support our students to explore and engage with the world around them with guidance and encouragement from our school community.
For more information about Mukinbudin visit Mukinbudin Community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Sound team building and student supervisory skills, including the ability to coordinate, monitor and report effectively to support student learning.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills with the ability to plan and coordinate student-focussed services, school activities and identify priorities to meet conflicting timelines.
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems, manage conflict and provide solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mukinbudin District High School can be found by visiting www.mukinbudindhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Karl Moll, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mukinbudin, by telephoning (08) 9048 3400 or preferably emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the school holiday period, please contact Karl Moll by emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 October 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.