Suitable applicants from IPS/SS698603 need not apply
Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS775131
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of Home Economic Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
Under general supervision and guidance, Home Economics Assistants will assist in the delivery of educational programs relating to cooking and textiles. This includes the safe handling and storage of equipment and materials, in accordance with Department of Education guidelines. Ideally, suitable applicants will have experience in a school environment and working collaboratively as part of a team.
As the Home Economics Assistant, you should have a proactive, positive approach to your role and be able to work well autonomously as well as part of a team. Suitable applicants will ideally be able to prioritise tasks well, display initiative and will be highly organised and efficient. Byford SC has specialist facilities, including a commercial kitchen and textile centres. Experience with cleaning and maintaining equipment, furniture, fittings and resources will be highly regarded.
Byford SC is a newer school in Perth’s southern suburbs. We have first class facilities to support high quality teaching and learning programs in our college. Located approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD, our College caters for 1500 students in Years 7 through to 12. We offer a unique setting to many other metropolitan schools, with a blend of urban and rural students; this creates a vibrant mix of students and staff within the college community. At Byford, we work together to provide effective learning experiences where we all grow, and students are prepared for a successful life beyond school. Our college’s moral purpose underpins everything we do, and as such, our teaching and allied professionals report a high level of engagement and satisfaction in working at Byford Secondary College.
Staff are supported both personally and professionally, with a keen focus on work-life balance.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Beth Kempton Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9526 7700 or emailing Beth.Kempton@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact the College on 0411 166 106.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.