Suitable applicants from IPS/SS728993 need not apply.
Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS766784
Fremantle College is seeking to establish a pool of Special Needs Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
As a Special Needs Education Assistant you will, under teacher direction, assist in education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. Suitable applicants will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs to assist students to reach their full potential through the development of their academic, social, emotional and physical skills including the operation of computers and digital technologies. Also, when required, you will provide feedback on education programs and associated support plans and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of goals.
Suitable applicants will ideally have experience in working with neurodiverse students, including those with Autism, complex mental health (including Trauma), engagement and behavioural needs; as well as an understanding of how to implement explicit and direct instruction literacy and numeracy programs. Suitable applicants should work well in a team environment while supporting students with special needs to a high standard.
Fremantle College, situated 24 kilometres south of the city of Perth, embraces high expectations in behaviour, and academic achievement to build and maintain a reputation for strong results for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. Focusing on positive education (PERMAH framework), along with our values of Curiosity, Enthusiasm for learning, Kindness, Perseverance, and Leadership, will ensure the wellbeing of our students and staff. Your positive support of students will ensure they are encouraged to excel and flourish in a caring and friendly environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Fremantle College can be found by visiting fremantlecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Brendon Bleakley, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9338 8900 or emailing Brendon.Bleakley@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Rebecca Cook on 0450 023 535.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 18 October, 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.