Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS754340
This is a permanent part-time position (0.60 FTE) commencing Term 1, 2023
Rossmoyne Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a proactive and versatile Vocational Education and Training - Support Officer, to join their friendly team.
As a Vocational Education and Training (VET) Support Officer, you will provide administrative support for the VET Coordinator in areas including: the maintenance of student records, management and update of school information system data, reporting results to the Schools Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) and preparation of school materials for publication. The successful applicant will ideally possess strong organisation and communication skills, and the ability to work unsupervised, as well as collaborating as part of a team. You will provide clerical support to the VET Coordinator and the Workplace Learning Support Officer to assist with the placement of Workplace Learning students and manage placement and attendance records, as well as providing limited career information and advice to students and parents/caregivers.
As one of the first Independent Public Schools in Western Australia, Rossmoyne SHS is one of the nation’s leading schools. Our students annually achieve outstanding levels of academic excellence. We provide outstanding visual and performing arts and sports programs, exciting opportunities in vocational education, and strong pastoral care. Our culture is described by staff and community as positive, professional, inclusive, dynamic and with a focus on excellence. Our students are very proud of the positive reputation of our school. They find the school diverse, progressive and filled with opportunities for growth. They feel a sense of belonging and support each other to balance competition and cooperation to achieve positive outcomes for all.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Effective planning and organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rossmoyne Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rossmoyne.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Price, Human Resource Officer, by telephoning (08) 9235 1617 or 0419 935 991 or by emailing Michelle.Price@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Michelle Price on 0419 935 991.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by departmental policy
- complete the department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.