Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS774590
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
Brookton District High School (DHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical, and human resource processes of the school. You will work with the Executive Leadership Team who are focussed on delivering improved outcomes for the school community, and who share a strong team ethos and a solution-focussed outlook. The successful applicant should also be able to work independently with autonomy. You will oversee the business operations and work collaboratively with a team, embedding the school culture and ethos. You will ideally be flexible and reliable, and have excellent conceptual, interpersonal, communication, staff management and problem-solving skills.
The Manager Corporate Services will be responsible for implementing sound, consistent management and budgeting practices and systems. You will also review current school financial practices and implement improvements. The successful applicant will ideally foster effective human resource management practices, and display strategic oversight and effective management of buildings, facilities, and assets at the school.
Situated in the heart of the Avon Valley, in Noongar Country, we have been serving our community since 1903. Our appeal as a school rests in our strong sense of community, the values we celebrate and the commitment to realising the potential of all students in our care.
The purpose of our school is to empower your child to develop the skills, knowledge and attributes to become resilient, considerate individuals who make positive contributions to the society in which they live. We are a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) school and value a Safe, Organised, Achieving and Respectful learning environment in which students can S.O.A.R. We encourage and explicitly teach positive behaviours throughout the school where all students can be engaged and successful.
Brookton DHS team is based on good community people who work collaboratively on the needs of all students in Brookton. The school has an excellent blend of experienced and graduate teachers who drive the teaching and learning schedule of the school. We have a great team of Special Needs and General Classroom Education Assistants who support classroom teachers in various areas.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Brookton District High School can be found by visiting www.brooktondhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Darren Simpson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Brookton, by telephoning (08) 9865 4500 or emailing Darren.Simpson@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period please contact Darren Simpson on 0417 150 227.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 September 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.