Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS753477
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023
Ocean Reef Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and creative Administration and Marketing Officer to join their friendly team. The successful applicant should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, support staff, school community and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will provide support to develop, implement and manage the school’s marketing plan. You will assist with the development and production of a range of printed and online materials to support marketing activities and events for the school. You will maintain and update the school’s website, software applications and social media, ensuring published content is current, relevant and that associated links are active. In addition, you will assist with coordinating school events and activities, such as the school ball, ANZAC ceremonies, transition and orientation events and presentation evenings.
The role of the Media and Marketing Officer is to provide operational support in the development, implementation and management of the school’s Media and Marketing Plan. You would establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and assist school management in ensuring all school communication activities are coordinated effectively. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of media strategies and have the ability to actively seek out new opportunities to further increase the reach of online communications and school publications within our school and the wider community. As the Media and Marketing Officer, you will ideally need to have an interest in social media platforms and be able to develop a range of communications, publications, and materials to support marketing activities and events. In addition, maintaining and updating the school’s website and social media platforms to ensure content is current is also an additional role to this position.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Well-developed computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Reef Senior High School can be found by visiting oceanreef.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jayne Dawson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6206 2700 or emailing Jayne.Dawson@education.wa.edu.au (during school term time only).
During the school holiday period, please contact Jayne Dawson on 0406 701 972. Emails will not be monitored during this period of 26 September – 9 October 2022.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- complete the department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by departmental policy.
- complete the department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 12 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.