Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS774285
Davallia Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
As a Cleaner at Davallia PS, your responsibilities may include carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, bathroom cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, Cleaners may also perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner In Charge.
The suitable applicants will ideally be friendly, welcoming, and able to work well both individually and as part of an effective team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Suitable applicants should have good attention to detail, be organised and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices. The suitable applicants should be reliable, punctual, efficient and a team player.
Our school is a lively and vibrant place of learning which is built on our four core values of Respect, Responsibility, Perseverance and Innovation. These values underpin, drive and are reflected in all operations of our school.
Learning at Davallia PS is not solely about high academic attainment. We believe learning should focus on the development of the whole child. This is achieved through the delivery of a well-balanced and carefully crafted learning program reflective of the academic, emotional, social and physical development of each and every child. All this is carefully wrapped up in a whole lot of healthy fun.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Davallia PS please visit davalliaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Candi Nelson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9246 8750 or emailing Candi.Nelson@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Candi Nelson on 0405 140 783 or email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A one (1) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.15pm (WST) on Friday, 14 October 2022
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.