Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/DP774269
North Cottesloe Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Deputy Principals for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
In collaboration with the Principal and the leadership team, the Deputy Principal will provide high level strategic leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school’s vision, business plan and strategic directions within the school community. A significant responsibility of the Deputy Principal is to promote a school culture of positive relationships while engaging parents, caregivers, and the wider community.
Suitable applicants should demonstrate experience in supporting and building the capacity of staff through coaching and mentoring. This would be enacted through leading thorough data and researched informed practice with respect to student engagement, pastoral care and wellbeing, and supporting the strategic planning of targeted initiatives to enhance student wellbeing, progress and achievement. The Deputy Principal should demonstrate they possess a growth mindset and a commitment to implement effective change management to ensure they drive whole school approaches.
Experience in leading the implementation of the West Australian Curriculum within a cross curricular context to enhance learning is essential to this role. Experience and knowledge of current educational research as it applies to the pedagogy of Explicit Teaching and High Impact Teaching Strategies is highly desirable.
Suitable applicants should be motivated, hardworking, and a highly effective leader with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively lead a collaborative curriculum team of teachers and teacher leaders. This will require an in-depth curriculum knowledge, and strong relational skills.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Cottesloe Primary School can be found by visiting northcottesloeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jenn Allsop, Principal, by telephoning 0476 533 885 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Jenn Allsop, Principal on 0476 533 885.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED