Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH773414
Balingup Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint Primary – Teachers to add to our vibrant, warm and motivated team.
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally be passionate, motivated and skilled educators who are committed to improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for every child, every day, through our whole school approaches, explicit teaching and instructional strategies.
It is highly regarded that applicants are committed to developing positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community. Applicants should ideally possess a strong capacity to plan challenging and engaging programs using an excellent understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum.
We are seeking applicants who are innovative and possess high quality teaching skills and knowledge. They will ideally be committed to ongoing professional growth and development, support current whole school processes and be collegial, effective collaborators.
Suitable applicants will be able to:
- Build strong rapport with students and families.
- Collaborate with their colleagues supportively.
- Display excellent communication skills.
- Deliver learning activities in line with the whole school practise agreement.
- Differentiate for learning, behavioural and social emotional needs.
- Collaborate and engage with therapeutic agencies, stakeholders and community.
- Possess initiative and take up leadership opportunities.
- Have experience with digital technologies in the classroom.
Balingup PS prides itself on excellent positive school culture, fostering a growth mindset for students and staff as we consistently build on, and strive for excellence in all aspects of our operations. Teaching staff stay abreast of current, evidence based strategies and resources, integrating analysis of student data to deliver differentiated and engaging learning experiences for their students. Staff cater for the “whole child”, valuing and providing social and emotional education for all students, again differentiating for the varying needs within their class and the school. Teachers work closely with a variety of community groups embracing the opportunities to provide students with different experiences while in turn contributing and supporting sustainable community engagement.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Balingup Primary School can be found by visiting www.balingupprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Nicole Corcoran, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Balingup, by telephoning (08) 9782 5900 or emailing Nicole.Corcoran@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Nicole Corcoran on 0411 228 939.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements; and
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.