Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE773382
ICT Governance and Planning is seeking two (2) dedicated Contract Support Officer - ICT Services to join their team.
We currently have the following positions available:
For Fixed term tenure only
- 2 x – eight (8) month fixed term, full-time positions with possible extension
Both positions will commence 1 November 2022
The Contract Support Officer provides support to the Contract Manager, ICT Services for functions associated with governance, procurement, and performance matters for significant ICT outsourcing arrangements.
- Reviewing, implementing, and communicating policy and procedures
- Consolidating data, information, and evidence for assessments
- Preparing analytical and evaluation reports
- Producing Statements of Work for Department business areas procuring services under ICT services contract
- Providing information and advice on Statement of Work matters.
You do not need to have government experience to be suitable for these positions. The successful applicants will be highly organised and have relevant transferable skills.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple priorities and in accordance with legislation, policy and procedures in a contractual performance and/or compliance environment.
- Demonstrated relevant interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to consult, collaborate and liaise effectively with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated written communication skills, including the ability to prepare preliminary reports, correspondence, minutes, and briefing notes and clearly explain information and issues.
- Demonstrated skills in research, planning and analysis and the ability to contribute to the development of quality systems and processes.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Lynn McGill, Contract Manager ICT Services by telephoning (08) 9264 5263 or emailing Lynn.McGill@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 4 October 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.