Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS770124
This is a sixteen (16) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Woodlupine Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and highly motivated School Officer to join their team.
As School Officer, the successful applicant will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the phones, processing enrolments and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will ideally have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact positively with parents and the wider community.
You will model effective and quality customer and administrative support and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. Applicants will ideally be competent with RM Finance, in order to support the Manager Corporate Services with the financial procedures of the school. Applicants with experience in the processes of ordering, receipting, invoicing, reconciliations and end of month and returns will be highly regarded.
Woodlupine PS is committed to embedding Restorative Practices underpinning the school’s culture. All staff are expected to support this approach and the School Officer will play a vital role when interacting with students and developing strong connections with parents.
Woodlupine PS is located in Forrestfield and caters for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and we are committed to developing students with the skills to be good at life beyond primary school, including empathy and the ability to self-regulate.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodlupine Primary School can be found by visiting www.woodlupineps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lara Govers, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9483 2200 or emailing Lara.Govers@education.wa.edu.au.
Over the holiday period please contact Lara Govers on 0417 508 260.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 10 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.