Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE771035
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Directorate
The System and School Performance Directorate is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well organised individual to join their team as Administrative Assistant. The successful applicant will provide administrative and clerical support to the Director, Branch Managers and staff across the Directorate.
The System and School Performance Directorate collects, analyses and provides performance and statistical information to meet planning and reporting needs, support resource allocation and enhance decision making. We manage a number of key data systems and programs, and provide information and support to external agencies and the wider community about public schools. We are also responsible for policies and frameworks related to performance, research and accountability.
As the successful applicant you will be able to deal with multiple demands, possess good organisational skills and have a flexible approach and positive outlook.
Key roles will include maintaining an effective correspondence filing system, payment of accounts, credit card reconciliation, purchasing of stationery, assisting with travel arrangements, preparing travel documents and booking flights and accommodation. You will also prepare correspondence and basic reports to support the team.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in clerical and general administrative duties.
- Demonstrated experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Demonstrated sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Demonstrated sound organisational skills, including the ability to use initiative and work independently or as part of a team.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Alan Dodson, Director - System and School Performance by telephoning (08) 9264 4035 or emailing Alan.Dodson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 October 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.