Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE774362
Pilbara Regional Education Office is seeking to establish a pool of Administrative Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2022 and up to the end of October 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2022, up to the end of October 2023.
The Role and our Branch
The Pilbara Education Region Division is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic and dedicated Administrative Assistants to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
Suitable applicants will provide administrative assistance to the Director of Education including the preparation and delivery of correspondence, preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes of meetings and follow up actions where required. They will maintain an effective correspondence filing system for corporate information and records relating to projects, initiatives, committees and other branch activities. Additionally, the administrative assistant will process incoming and outgoing correspondence, manage incoming phone calls and visitor enquiries and assist with travel arrangements including preparing travel documents, booking flights and accommodation. Management of the office’s financial processes is also required as a part of this role.
Suitable applicants will work effectively in a team environment to ensure appropriate information and support is provided, including the research and analysis of data and information.
Who are we
The Pilbara Education Region is one of eight regions in the Western Australian Department of Education and comprises 29 public schools. The Pilbara is a vast area in the North West covering more than 500,000 square kilometres. The headquarters for this educational region, the Pilbara Education Regional Office, is located in the City of Karratha.
For further information about living and working in Karratha please see the link below
Please note that accommodation in this area is limited and applicants are requested to review housing options prior to applying as no housing is provided with this position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated well developed knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical functions
- Demonstrated well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated well developed verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with officers at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in account payments and monitoring expenditure for a work unit
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Kylie Sgherza, Coordinator Regional Operations - Pilbara Education Region by telephoning (08) 9185 0111 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two-to-three (2-3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 13 October 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED