Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS755211
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022.
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus (SC) is seeking to appoint an experienced and professional Business Support Officer to join their friendly administration team.
The role of the Business Support Officer is to assist the Manager Corporate Services in the administrative, financial, marketing, corporate sponsorship, physical and human aspects of the school’s operations.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously that promotes inclusivity and cohesion in the workplace. A capacity to interact with empathy while simultaneously developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships within our diverse school community is highly desired.
The successful applicant should also be able to effectively prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure with high level accuracy and attention to detail.
Cyril Jackson SC offers a wide range of Year 11 and 12 courses. We have students ranging from 16 year-olds working towards graduation to mature age students who are here following their interests, including tertiary aspirants. Most students are aged between 16 to 25 years. The school also hosts an Intensive English Centre (IEC) for 16 to 18 year olds, as well as young adults. A number of the students attending the IEC are humanitarian refugees and after studies in the IEC often continue at Cyril Jackson SC in Year 11 and 12 courses.
Cyril Jackson SC offers an alternative to students who wish to study senior school courses in a mature learning environment with an ethos of strong support. There is also an on-line program that may suit some students. We pride ourselves on our ability to accommodate difference, flexibility, and commitment to innovation. Students who attend Cyril Jackson SC come from all over the metropolitan area. We consider ourselves to be a multi-racial, multi-age, multi-opportunity campus with an intention that “CJ Changes Lives”.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- well developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cyril Jackson Senior Campus can be found by visiting cyriljackson.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Alicia Blunt, Manger Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9413 4704 or emailing Alicia.Blunt@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Alicia Blunt on 0427 799 620.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 October 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.