Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP773997
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
Piara Waters Senior High School is seeking a strategic and innovative leader to join our executive leadership team in the position of Deputy Principal.
The Deputy Principal will be an integral member of the school’s foundation executive team and will work closely with the principal to promote the school’s vision and values in the school community. Piara Waters Senior High School will open for Year 7 students in 2023 and will provide a quality education experience for all students. The successful applicant will ideally be an experienced, strategic and forward-thinking leader who has sound knowledge and skills in a range of leadership and management areas. They will ideally be innovative and have the capacity to provide leadership across a foundation school to deliver consistent and excellent practice. Working with our students, parents, teachers and local community, we have high expectations for the delivery of effective educational programs and a positive education approach.
The Deputy Principal should have a deep understanding of the functions of student behaviour in the context of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability and trauma, with appropriate qualifications in education support. The successful applicant will ideally display experience in building the capacity of all staff through coaching and mentoring processes.
The successful applicant will ideally have a sound understanding of Department policies and relevant legislation and should display a capacity to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to implement whole school strategies and monitoring processes to support all students. This position presents the unique opportunity for an effective leader to support the establishment of a new and high-performing senior high school.
As a member of the school’s executive team, you would establish and maintain collaborative and respectful relationships with the school community, ensuring all students’ needs are met. Through building a culture of trust and collaboration, you would encourage staff and student feedback to contribute to decision making.
Piara Waters Senior High School is situated in the beautifully landscaped suburb of Piara Waters, approximately 25kms south of Perth. The school is surrounded by luscious greenery and will form part of the vibrant, multicultural community of Piara Waters. The school will commence with Year 7 students in 2023, adding each year to its growing cohort, until it reaches Year 12 in 2028.
Our students are living in a rapidly changing world, and they need the skills to adapt and change with it. A diverse curriculum offering traditional and innovative programs of study, combined with innovative approaches to learning and teaching, will equip students to develop the skills they need to confront, adapt and thrive in a competitive and dynamic global community. Specialist staff will provide our students with individual support, a strong focus on wellbeing and education of the 'whole child'. Piara Waters Senior High School is an inclusive place of learning, and our highly skilled staff are dedicated to ensuring that every young person in our care will exceed expectations and achieve at their highest level.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g., Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Piara Waters Senior High School can be found by visiting Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Carol Daniels, Principal, by telephoning 0411 844 156 or emailing Carol.Daniels@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Carol Daniels on 0411 844 156.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 12 October 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.