Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS765757
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Bassendean Primary School (PS) are looking to appoint a highly dedicated and motivated individual to the role of Gardener – Handyperson.
The primary role of this position is gardening and maintaining the school grounds so that they are visually pleasing, clean, tidy and safe for students, staff and community members. The school is a mid sized school with an oval, hard courts, 3 main playgrounds and a variety of smaller gardens. The job is suited to someone who wants to improve and maintain the school appearance.
The successful applicant should have the capacity to maintain the gardening equipment and ensure that it is kept in good working order. They will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson’s duties using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department's policies and guidelines. We are looking for someone who is a keen gardener, with the ability to work independently when required but able to take direction particularly when working on specific projects.
Bassendean PS first opened as West Guildford PS in October 1906. In 1922 the West Guildford area, along with the school, was re-named Bassendean.
In 2018 with community and staff support we became an Independent Public School. Bassendean PS implements the identified values, focus outcomes and strategic directions of the Department of Education. We aspire to be a school of excellence where students strive to achieve and be successful. We aim to develop students who are confident and positive in developing meaningful relationships and have an understanding that each individual is different. As educators in partnership with parents, our greatest aspiration is that our students will grow up to be adults who contribute positively to their world.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Bassendean Primary School please visit bassendeanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Cardi Bates, School Officer, by telephoning (08) 6216 1400 or emailing Cardi.Bates@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager; and
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide at least one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.