Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS765613
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
For suitable applicants, job-share arrangements will be considered.
Lake Gwelup Primary School is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer
As the ‘point of first contact’ for school enquiries, excellent verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable, together with the ability to prioritise work effectively. The successful applicant will need the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as use their initiative to problem solve when required.
As School Officer, the successful applicant will be responsible for completing administrative duties which require skills using word processing and data software packages. They will be responsible for managing enrolments and maintaining student records. Other responsibilities include reception duties such as meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information.
Applicants with experience in the financial and human resource management of a school (including the maintenance of facilities and recording/monitoring of assets and resources) to assist the Manager Corporate Services will be highly regarded. Desirable skills include a competence in the use of RM Billing, RM Finance and HRMIS together with widely use school based software (Flexi-Purchase, QKR!, MGM Outreach and Passtab).
As an Independent Public School we work closely with the school community and value parents as partners in educating the students in its care. Our school aims to foster a community of learners - with students, families, and staff all actively encouraged to share a lifelong passion for learning. Lake Gwelup PS is a Level 5 primary school in the heart of a unique community. The school is characterised by a strong sense of belonging which can be attributed to the positive relationships between the students, parents, teachers, and the broader community.
Our school community is proud of its rich history. In 1914, Miss Ella Miller, the Principal, opened the school with an enrolment of 24 students. The original schoolhouse still stands at the front of the now fully rebuilt school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lake Gwelup Primary School can be found by visiting lakegwelupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Julia Lingard, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9278 0400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 24 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.