Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS760366
Success Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during Term 4, 2022 up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements during Term 4, 2022, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information, and undertaking other reception duties as required.
You will ideally model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as maintaining student attendance records, generating routine reports and correspondence related to absenteeism and assisting with student enrolment procedures. The suitable applicants will provide general clerical and administrative support, including preparing newsletters, notices and other materials, in a timely manner.
You should possess strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally have strong organisational and communication skills and should be efficient, punctual, willing to learn and able to maintain confidentiality. Applicants should possess the ability to effectively deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment.
At Success PS we are focused on creating high performing teams to impact student outcomes. We use DiSC profiling, GROWTH coaching and Patrick Lencioni’s model of reference.
Success PS is located in the City of Cockburn and is an independent public school, which is highly inclusive of our 700+ Kindergarten to Year 6 students enrolled in both mainstream and education support. We embrace our school motto ‘Unlock Your Potential’ where parents and the school community actively work together as a team to achieve improved outcomes for all children. Our vision is “We Nurture, We Educate and We Celebrate” the children in our school. We believe in STARS which incorporates our five values; Strive for success, Take responsibility, Always inclusive, Respectful and Stay safe.
Success PS boasts a purpose built facility to support opportunities for students with special needs across the whole school. Facilities include a hydrotherapy pool, sensory room and gymnasium. Several education support classes are located across the school providing ample inclusive opportunities for students of all year levels. Our students also have access to an onsite before and after school program run by OSH. We are a family focused school and welcome new families to our school community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Success Primary School can be found by visiting successprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Genevieve Caddy, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 6174 2600 or emailing Genevieve.Caddy@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 16 August 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.