Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS760595
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
Madora Bay Primary School is seeking a dedicated, friendly and flexible School Officer to join their team.
At Madora Bay Primary School every child will gain the skills and attributes to achieve their life aspirations in an environment where they are connected, valued and counted. Our school will work in close partnership with its community to strive for excellence, where outcomes for students guide decision making in a culture of high expectations, driven by a cohesive and highly skilled team of educators.
As a School Officer, you will be the first point of contact for our students, families, staff and community and as such, a strong focus on customer service is paramount. The successful applicant should be professional, positive and friendly with excellent communication skills. Ideally, you will excel in a team environment, display initiative and have strong organisational skills with the flexibility to move between tasks to deliver priority outcomes in a complex environment. Applicants should have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy.
In this role you will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages, particularly MS Office Suite.
As a School Officer, your duties will include assisting the Manager Corporate Services to maintain the financial position of the school. As such, experience with the Student Information System (SIS), RM Finance, RM Billing, Assets and Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) are highly desirable.
Working in a new public primary school presents unique challenges that require a particular skill-set and outlook. The personal qualities which you bring to this role are crucial and will be highly regarded. The successful applicant will ideally be collaborative, flexible and solutions-focused in order to positively contribute to the establishment of our school culture, adapt to change as our school grows and consistently provide the best opportunities for our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Madora Bay Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online and viewing the Prospectus via Coastallakescollege.wa.edu.au.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Clark, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9583 2800 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.