Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE766011
This is a permanent part-time (0.44FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2022
The Role and our Branch
Merredin Residential College is seeking a Cleaner to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Cleaner will vacuum bedrooms, offices, hallways and student recreation areas, including TV rooms, games rooms and common areas; you will mop and clean hallways, offices and student recreation areas. The suitable applicants will clean, mop, scrub and disinfect all toilet/ablutions areas whilst keeping windows and window ledges clean, dust and wipe all required surfaces and items as instructed.
The cleaner will collect and empty rubbish bins from student recreation areas, offices and hallways and ensure occupational health and safety standards are maintained whilst keeping the college clean, well maintained and presented. You will assist with other cleaning related duties as directed by the senior supervisor or college manager and undertake other duties in the ancillary areas such as laundry, kitchen and gardening, when required.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Caine Denyer, Manager by telephoning (08) 9041 7500 or emailing Caine.Denyer@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- Acover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria listed below.
- Demonstrated ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to, use all cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 18 August 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.