Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS765663
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Melville Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated leader to join the School’s Executive Team. The successful applicant should be a strategic leader who has the desire to make a difference in the school and wider community through the utilisation of innovative practices in the corporate business systems and service provision.
As the Manager of Corporate Services, the successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. They will oversee the business operations including, but not limited to, recruitment and line management of the Allied Professionals within the school. As part of this, they will ensure that the Allied Professionals perform their duties as integral members of the school community and assist in maintaining inclusive practices with a focus on building staff capacity and wellbeing.
The Manager of Corporate Services will utilise their outstanding financial management skills and strategic leadership, they will be responsible for the development and deployment of physical and financial resources in delivering services to the School community. The successful applicant will model exemplary leadership, professionalism, and commitment to exceptional customer service. They will ensure their team contributes to positive student outcomes and culture.
The Manager of Corporate Services should possess highly developed interpersonal skills in addition to outstanding financial and resource management skills. They should have the capability and commitment required to build and sustain a culture of excellence in all aspects of school operations. The successful applicant should also have the ability to think and plan strategically, and identify innovative and practical solutions to problems and challenges. It is important that the Manager of Corporate Services at Melville SHS develops the knowledge and skills to support the highly successful Gifted and Talented, Aviation, Graphic Design Media and Netball Approved Specialist programs as well as the Intensive English Centre and International Fee paying students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed skills and experience in managing corporate services functions in a large and complex organisation.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in financial management and budget preparation and an understanding of the financial regulatory framework, including the Financial Management Act, reporting and governance requirements of Government organisations and other relevant legislation.
- Highly developed human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and apply human resource management practices and systems in leading and managing staff.
- Substantial experience in the development, implementation, management and monitoring of strategic business and operational plans.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult, collaborate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Research, conceptual and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Melville Senior High School can be found by visiting melville.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kylie Bottcher, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6274 1300 or emailing Kylie.Bottcher@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 17 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.