Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP766464
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2022
Clifton Park Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic Deputy Principal to join our professional and dedicated team.
The successful applicant should be committed to building a culture of high performance and high care in order to make a difference in the lives of the students at Clifton Park PS. The successful applicant should have strengths in the development of whole school curriculum, student engagement and a high level of organisational skills.
The Deputy Principal will have the ability to actively contribute to the development of our new Business Plan along with the Principal, School Board and staff. They will assist to develop our strategic vision and planning for ongoing school improvement through contemporary, evidence-based practices.
Building staff capacity through classroom observation, feedback, modelling, coaching and delivering professional learning that will enhance explicit classroom pedagogy, is highly desirable for this position. They will lead collaborative teams in the setting and monitoring of annual operational targets and to incorporate strategic intent into operational plans, which maximise student engagement and achievement.
The successful applicant will be required to lead Special Education Needs (SEN) and Students at Education Risk (SAER) processes within the school. Therefore, they should possess the ability to collaborate with families and external agencies to support students at-risk, improving attendance, challenging behaviour support, trauma informed practice, in addition to experience in disability resourcing and complex individual case management.
Our school motto - With Pride We Strive - underpins everything we do. Our harmonious and caring learning environment is built on strong relationships with staff, students, families and the wider community. Being a smaller school, we can really get to know our students and families - making us a point of difference to other schools in the area.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Clifton Park Primary School can be found by visiting www.cliftonpark.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tanya Uren, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9844 7200 or emailing Tanya.Uren@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.