Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS765798
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Calingiri Primary School (PS) are seeking an enthusiastic and friendly School Officer to join their welcoming and supportive team.
As a School Officer, you will be the first point of contact for our school and should have a friendly, positive and caring attitude; be self-motivated and organised. The successful applicant will ideally possess attention to detail, be able to meet deadlines, work well within a team environment and possess the ability work autonomously. You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the Principal, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff.
As our School Officer, your duties may include assisting the Manager Corporate Services to maintain the financial position of the school, handling front desk inquiries and collaborating with all staff on daily operations with a high level of integrity and confidentiality. You should also possess a positive approach to the role and the ability to learn new skills and processes if required.
Calingiri PS, located in the Wheatbelt, caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, with many living on nearby farms.
Calingiri PS is a dynamic learning community where members work collaboratively to give every child the opportunity to realise their full potential and to become resilient, confident and respectful citizens. Our small student population of 29 students allows us to know each student as an individual. Staff and students work together to create a positive school environment in which every student feels safe and is able to learn in a friendly and caring atmosphere.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Calingiri Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Sharyn Edgar, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Calingiri, by telephoning (08 9628 8500) or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 18 August 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.