Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS765474
This is a permanent part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
South Lake Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to join their friendly team.
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for undertaking reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information, in an efficient and friendly manner.
You will ideally model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as maintaining student attendance records, generating routine reports and correspondence related to absenteeism and assisting with student enrolment procedures. The successful applicant will provide general clerical and administrative support, including preparing newsletters, notices and other materials, in a timely manner.
You should possess strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally be efficient, punctual, willing to learn and able to maintain confidentiality. The ability to effectively deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment is desirable.
A strong, supportive and inclusive culture with a positive school climate is very evident at South Lake PS based on reflecting the school’s community desire to provide a safe, caring and inclusive teaching and learning environment for children and staff. A collaborative working environment with active involvement of all staff, is a feature of the school and facilitates not only whole-school approaches to the implementation of programs and strategies but re-enforcing the culture of support, care and belonging.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Lake Primary School can be found by visiting southlakeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tanya Redfern, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9395 3400 or emailing Tanya.Redfern@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.