Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP765273
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
Are you a genuine leader who cares about the progress of every student?
Attadale Primary School (PS) is seeking a high-quality person committed to leading with enthusiasm and a deep understanding of change management to get the best out of those around them. The successful applicant will ideally bring with them a wealth of experience and knowledge of evidence based, contemporary education to lead and support staff in the areas of:
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Intervention and Students at Educational Risk (SAER) processes
- Evidence based practice in the English learning area
- Data informed teaching and learning
A proven ability to lead teams and differentiate support for each individual staff member is desirable as well as the ability to build positive and authentic relationships with students, staff and community members to support and maintain our positive school culture. To be successful in this role you should be a team player, assume positive intent and have the skills and personal attributes to work collaboratively with staff, parents, students and wider education networks to achieve our strategic goals. Your ability to reflect and improve on your practice as a leader in our school will model what we expect from our staff and students.
The above portfolios outline the priorities of this role, however other skills and expertise are welcome as you make this role your own. The position is full time, however we are flexible to ensure the best outcome for both our school and the successful applicant.
At Attadale PS, we build foundations for life. Our school is a dynamic place of learning where everyone belongs. Our identity and positive reputation in the community is built upon two key factors - culture and successful students. We have built a brand identity that sets us apart due to the vast opportunities that exist for our students.
Attadale PS is located in the suburb of Attadale just a few hundred metres from the banks of the Derbarl Yerrigan. We cater for students from Kindergarten to Year Six and are supported by our engaged and positive school community which includes our Parents and Citizens Association and School Board.
We aim to engage the 'whole child' and our students' social and emotional success is as important to us as their academic progress. We continue to benefit from the partnerships formed with our diverse and highly skilled parent base, with our four school values of Fair Go, Give It Your Best, Stand Up and Take Care underpinning who we are and what we stand for at Attadale PS. Our school culture promotes harmony, diversity, empathy and excellence.
Our talented and personable students will always be our greatest asset and we aim to ensure that every child feels like they are important every day. Our staff are committed to our vision to equip our students with, and develop the necessary skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to achieve their individual potential and contribute positively to an ever-changing world.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs)
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Attadale Primary School can be found by visiting attadaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Phil Springett, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6274 1700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 18 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.