Advertised Vacancy Number SS/DP765498
Are you an inspiring and motivated leader looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Ravensthorpe District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Deputy Principals for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
The Deputy Principal will work within our team to manage daily operational matters of the school and collaborate on/drive the strategic direction of our school to improve student outcomes. The position will be tailored to best fit the school’s needs with the experience and areas of interest of applicants. This could include attendance, behaviour, curriculum development, or Students at Educational Risk (SAER).
Suitable applicants will ideally have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and display personal attributes of leadership. You should have a willingness to take feedback and direction when needed and build a positive team culture through distributed leadership and disciplined dialogue. You will ideally work collaboratively with a team focus and growth mindset and understand the need for high expectations. You should focus on supporting our students’ social and emotional wellbeing to best assist their learning opportunities and empower staff to do the same.
Ravensthorpe enjoys a temperate Mediterranean climate with beautiful sunny winter days and cool summer nights. Ancient mountain ranges, rocky hills, rugged river valleys, vast sand plains, estuaries and large inlets provide the area with a wealth of natural beauty to explore. Located near Fitzgerald River National Park this provides some spectacular recreational opportunities within its varied landscapes including bushwalking, camping, fishing, canoeing, whale watching, swimming, and surfing.
A short 30-minute drive from Ravensthorpe is a fantastic waterfront destination, Hopetoun. Enjoy the relaxed pace of Hopetoun, the pristine beaches, the picturesque scenery, the abundance of water activities and of course the easy access to the Fitzgerald River National Park. The Hopetoun Foreshore is located on the main street of Hopetoun. Find shelters, toilet facilities and grassed areas suitable for picnics & BBQ’s whilst enjoying a swim at the bay. Later watch the sun setting over the ocean and East Mt Barren. The natural environment of the Fitzgerald Biosphere is considered to be one of the riches places on earth for biodiversity and not surprisingly recognised by UNESCO as the most important flora area in the world with around 2,500 plant species with 135 species endemic to the area and as yet, not all documented. The core of the biosphere with the most significant ecosystem diversity is the Fitzgerald River National Park, which is one of the most botanically significant parks in Australia and where you will find 20% of Western Australia’s flora species.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ravensthorpe District High School can be found by visiting www.ravensthorpedhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Mat Kennedy, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Ravensthorpe, by telephoning (08) 9852 3000 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, with one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 29 August 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.