Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE763001
Secondary Schools DHS & Post-School Pathways and Quality Teaching branches Statewide Services are seeking to establish a pool of Administrative Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2022 and up to the end of August 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2022, up to the end August 2023
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The role may also assist in the day-to-day coordination of professional learning programs including maintaining the enrolment system, handling customer service enquiries, organising workshops, preparing workshop materials, and coordinating bookings for venues and catering. Workshop set-up and catering management (including clean-up) may be part of the administrative duties.
Ideally, you will possess well-developed MS Word and Excel Spreadsheet processing skills and proficiency with other components of Microsoft Office. Sound written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and provide customer-focussed services will also be highly desirable.
Applicants who are proactive, capable of working independently, able to deal with multiple demands, have good organisational skills, exhibit a flexible approach and have a strong attention to detail will be highly regarded.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite in clerical and general administrative duties, including advanced word processing skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and databases and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Demonstrated good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals and provide customer-focussed services.
- Demonstrated experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Demonstrated initiative and good organisational skills with the ability to meet competing priorities in a fast-paced business environment.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Karen Lamond, Education Officer by telephoning (08) 9402 6123 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branches
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 18 August 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED