Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS765753
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Calingiri Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Manager Corporate Services to join our friendly team.
As the Manager Corporate Services you will work closely with the Principal to manage the day-to-day financial, physical and human resources aspects of the school’s business operations. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school’s business operations is delivered, including financial processing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school’s strategic and corporate financial objectives. In addition, you will be asked to contribute to strategic planning, monitoring and management of the school’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems.
The successful applicant will have outstanding interpersonal skills and the capacity to build strong relationships. The ability to work in a collaborative team environment would be highly desirable. Strong oral and written communication skills are also required. The successful applicant will work productively with all members of staff and with families from a range of backgrounds. You will also be responsible for promoting the school’s image and strengthening its brand in the wider community.
Calingiri PS, located in the Wheatbelt, caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, with many living on nearby farms. Our school boasts a dynamic learning community where members work collaboratively to give every child the opportunity to realise their full potential and to become resilient, confident and respectful citizens. Our small student population allows us to know each student as an individual. Staff and students work together to create a positive school environment in which every student feels safe and is able to learn in a friendly and caring atmosphere.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the napplication of customer service principles and practices.
- Financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Calingiri Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Sharyn Edgar, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Calingiri, by telephoning (08) 9628 7030 or emailing Sharyn.Edgar@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 16 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.