Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA764940
This is a permanent full-time position commencing in Term 3, 2022
Wanneroo Secondary College (SC) is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Head of Learning Area (HOLA) – Science to join their leadership team.
The successful applicant will ideally have the capacity to lead science staff to provide engaging curriculum that extends students at all levels of achievement. Students at Wanneroo SC are passionate about science as a result of the engaging programs offered by staff. As HOLA, there will be an expectation that the successful candidate continues to nurture innovative curriculum opportunities that promote successful Science/STEM pathways post high school. Using data to inform practice, the successful applicant will contribute to the development and review of the school Business Plan through participative decision making and develop accountability systems for teachers in their Learning Area. You will ideally have strong classroom management practices and the ability to establish positive relationship with students.
As HOLA, you will ideally have strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, which will allow you to contribute to the existing positive Science Learning Area culture, where teachers are collegiate, highly skilled, and experienced, and our students are friendly and inclusive.
Wanneroo SC is committed to the education, both academically and socially, of every student who walks through our doors. We offer a safe, caring, and nurturing environment where all students are given every opportunity to Dream, Believe, Learn, and Succeed in line with our vision. Our innovative curriculum allows us to cater for all students' talents and ambitions. The College offers a variety of pathways and programs to students to develop their talents and engage them in schooling.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wanneroo Secondary College can be found by visiting wanneroosc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Justine McNaught-Conroy, Principal by telephoning (08) 6401 9800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 23 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED